Draw With Me: Woodland Fairy


I love fairies—I especially love forest fairies.  There is just something magical and mysterious about both fairies and forests.  In my opinion, they are an excellent combination.  

For this piece, I ventured outside of my comfort zone, and tried something new.  The technique I am using is based on the artistic stylings of Aaron Blaise. (Just tap his name, and it will take you to his website.)  I absolutely love his work, and wanted to explore his technique with my own art.  Some of the brushes that I use in this piece may be found on his site, at the link above.

You may find my full video process on our YouTube, FlyingDogStudio98, at the link below.   In the video, I share some of the techniques I used to create my fairy.  To accompany the video, I am including a shot of my layers, and some of the technical details in the following information.  

Please feel free to drop questions below.  I’m always happy to help!


 

This piece was created on an iPad Pro, using the Procreate app.  Canvas size is an 11”x14”, with a 300dpi.  
Our Flying Dog YouTube channel with the full video may be found at Woodland Fairy | Character Design | Digital Art



“Sow for yourselves righteousness; Reap in mercy; Break up your fallow ground, For it is time to seek the Lord, Till He comes and rains righteousness on you.”
‭‭Hosea‬ ‭10‬:‭12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬



Comments

Popular Posts