Moving Forward: Jonesboro School of Art’s Forward Move


    “Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long,  We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” ~Walt Disney

    Throughout the past fifteen years, whenever the studio has moved forward in our endeavors, I have used the above quote, from Walt Disney, to announce that change.  If you’ve been a part of our JSA family, then you may suspect that something is up with this intro…you are correct.

    For as long as I can remember, art has been my thing. Whether I was creating, sharing my creations, or teaching others how to make their own masterpieces, art has always been my “happy place”.  When, in 2009, God provided the opportunity for me to open my own teaching studio, I jumped at the chance; and, much like Disney, I didn’t look back.

    Throughout the years, I have had the distinct privilege of guiding hundreds of students in their own creative journeys.  In the process, I have met many wonderful kiddos and their families, and have made friendships, that will carry me throughout my life.  

    When Covid hit in 2020, I made the difficult decision to close the physical studio and move our classes online.  With this transition, we were able to accommodate students in, both, the northeast Arkansas area, and those in states beyond our boarder.  To further their education beyond online class meets, we created a YouTube channel, under the Flying Dog Studio name, which guides students in, both, digital and traditional art projects.  Additionally, this blog received a refresh, to include informative art posts. 

     With all of the changes in the past five years, I have come to realize, that it’s time to continue moving forward, in the direction that the studio seems to be flowing.  I will, still, be teaching; but, I have decided to limit that to the YouTube and blog, while dropping the online classes.  That being said, any of my students—both past and present—are, always, welcome to hit me up if they need help with or have questions about art (or just want to say ‘hi!’)  I ALWAYS love hearing from my students and their families!

    Until we meet again, keep following this blog, the YouTube channel, and the Instagram and Facebook pages for more art info and learning.  I am not going to stop teaching: I am, only, changing the way that I teach.  

    Thank you for all of the studio memories, both online, and in person.  In the words of Christopher Robin…Memories.  Are.  Forever. 

💞 Mrs. Tanya


“And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.”

‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3‬:‭17‬

Comments

Popular Posts